Human Resources Supervisor
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“At 3M, thanks to our culture where people feel like they belong, can grow and are appreciated, we are more than the sum of our parts. Our different perspectives and experiences help us solve some of the world’s toughest challenges together.” – Zoe Dickson, executive vice president and chief Human Resources officer at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Human Resources Supervisor* you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Exercising influence and guidance to plant leadership team, as well as to employees throughout the organization by establishing trust and credibility, as well as problem solving, performance management, forecasting, short and long-range planning as well as conflict resolution.
- Providing Human Resource functional support including employee relations, affirmative action, recruiting and employment, wage & salary administration, benefit administration, disability management, job evaluation processes and community relations.
- Partnering with Talent Acquisition to develop and implement effective strategies that will bring community awareness and interest of businesses and opportunities resulting in strong talent pools of qualified candidates for production and maintenance positions.
- Leading HR projects that support employee relations and division objectives.
- Providing consultation and training for supervisors/managers and or employees on HR systems, tools, processes, compliance, policies, etc.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Three (3) years of Human Resources experience in a private, public, government, or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Master’s degree or higher in Business or Human Resources discipline from an accredited institution
- Five (5) years of Human Resources experience in a private, public, government, or military environment
- Ability to parlay industry knowledge into competitive HR strategies
- Understanding of recruiting practices, methodologies and tools
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M’s business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.
Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Apply online at: Human Resources Supervisor* (myworkdayjobs.com)