Manufacturing/Production at 3M
Production Operator (New Ulm, MN)
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative 3Mers.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military experience to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Production Operator, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Demonstrates safe work behavior to avoid injury to self and others.
- Follow operating procedures and customer specifications to produce quality products which are delivered to customers.
- Leading innovation and sustainability.
- Creating a positive, inclusive work environment that fosters learning and development for all.
- Implementing change and continuous improvement to drive growth and increase efficiency.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed prior to start)
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as scheduled working 8 to 12 consecutive hours per day on a weekly fixed (i.e., 7am - 3pm, 3pm – 11pm or 11pm - 7am) or rotating shift (i.e., Midnights, Afternoons, Days or Days/Afternoons).
- New Ulm, MN
Travel: Does not include travel
Relocation Assistance: Is not Authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
For assistance with searching through our current job openings or for more information about all things 3M, visit Max, our virtual recruiting assistant on 3M.com/careers.
The starting rate of pay for this position is $23.55 to $26.53 an hour with a $1.50 shift differential for afternoon or midnight shift. This targeted compensation range represents a good faith estimate and can vary based on factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Other benefits and incentives may apply; pay and benefits overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/. This information is being disclosed in accordance with local Pay Transparency Rules.