Manufacturing/Production at 3M
Apply online at: Manufacturing/Production* (myworkdayjobs.com)
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a(n) Production Operator, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Demonstrate safe work behaviors to avoid injury to self and others. Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (i.e., safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety shoes (in certain departments).
- Follow operating procedures and customer specifications to produce quality products which are delivered to customers.
- Leading innovation and sustainability.
- Creating a positive, inclusive work environment that fosters learning and development for all.
- Implementing change and continuous improvement to drive growth and increase efficiency.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as scheduled working 8 to 12 consecutive hours per day on a weekly fixed (i.e., 7am-3pm, 3pm – 11pm or 11pm to 3pm) or rotating shift (i.e., Midnights, Afternoons, Days or Days/Afternoons).
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Must be able to use and operate computers to run processes.
Benefits you may be eligible for in this role include:
- Starting pay between $20.01 to $23.61/hour plus shift differential for second and third shift. Overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week and double time on Sundays.
- Benefits such as medical, dental, holiday pay, vacation time, 401k, stock purchase program start on day one.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts on products and service
Relocation Assistance: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
This posting is for a Manufacturing/Production Operator position at 3M New Ulm, MN. 3M anticipates that multiple openings for this position will occur over time. Qualified applicants may be considered as Manufacturing/Production Operator openings that occur at 3M New Ulm, MN, and 3M will accept applications for up to 6 months from the posting date of this requisition. Eligible applications will be kept open and active until November 12, 2022. After that, the posting will be taken down and applicants will need to apply/re-apply for available open postings at that time.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.