At Windings Inc., our employee ownership drives our success. As a 100% employee-owned company, our engaged, motivated, and innovative workforce benefits our customers in critical industries such as Aerospace, Defense, Automotive, Medical, Oil & Gas, and more. Since our conversion to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) in 1998, every one of our 150+ employees is either an owner or on the path to becoming one. With a long-range view and a focus on our employees and customers, we have built a reputation as industry leaders and community contributors. Our exceptional people and teams embody our purpose of 'Powering Systems and Empowering Lives.' Exciting, isn't it?
If you want to become an employee owner, read on...
What you will be responsible for:
Manage the Quality Department in accordance with organizational policies, initiatives, and goals. Ensure the effectiveness of Windings’ quality management system in accordance with ISO 9001 and AS9100 standards. Identify, analyze, and implement improvements in quality systems to meet all customer requirements.
- Maintain certification to AS9100/ISO 9001, which includes evidence of continual improvement in the results of company quality management system.
- Establish and maintain quality certifications such as NADCAP as required by customers. Establish and maintain required customer designated quality representatives.
- Create and maintain a skilled quality workforce.
- Provide leadership and direction for assigned personnel. This includes providing day-to-day communication and guidance, goal setting, performance feedback, on-going training, discipline, and documentation of relevant events and occurrences.
- Establish quality metrics and ensure employees’ understanding of key quality metrics and continual improvement targets.
- Develop and implement key processes for preventive and corrective action and improving the company ability to meet quality, cost, and delivery targets
- Manage development of procedures and practices for sampling and inspection plans, root cause analysis, calibration of equipment, etc.
- Direct and oversee communication with customers and/or customer service regarding customer returns.
- Familiarity with common statistical methodologies and techniques such as SPC, Control Plans, 8D, 5 Why’s, DMAIC, PPAP, FMEA
- Familiarity with Lean and Six Sigma concepts and methods. Strong communication skills and demonstrated success in a supervisory/managerial capacity
- This position requires a degree in the engineering or quality field or a related area, and experience in a manufacturing environment compliant with a quality management system that has been subject to third-party audits
- Minimum 5 years of related experience is required
What you will get...
- Full benefits package
- Paid time off
- 401k match and ESOP contributions
- Flexible work environment
- Education reimbursement
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. Specific vision ability by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Because employees in this position must handle information covered by the International Trade and Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR), successful applicants will be required to verify their identity and their status as a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, or person granted refugee or asylee status in the U.S.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Windings is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected Veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.