Job Description: President / CEO
- College degree preferred but not required
- Chamber of Commerce or association executive experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, computer skills and organizational skills
- Ability to motivate and manage staff and volunteers
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and respond to organizational needs in prompt and timely fashion
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General management and coordination of all Chamber initiatives, activities and programs.
- Provide leadership and guidance to ensure the Chamber policies are followed while also meeting key objectives each year.
- Enhance the Chamber’s brand and its public image attributes, including effectiveness and growth.
- Maintain a positive work environment and supervise work of the Chamber staff.
- Must exercise discretion in dealing with confidential data.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Chamber Initiatives
- Guides the development and implementation of Chamber initiatives, projects, activities and programs in alignment with the Chamber’s mission and vision
- Chamber Mission: Encourage economic growth in our community by supporting our members through business development, networking, education, advocacy and access to resources.
- Chamber Vision: Growth. Culture. Community.
- Directs all membership solicitation efforts of the organization, including solicitation of new members and the maintenance of current memberships in conjunction with the Willkommen Committee.
- Maintains open communication and connection with all members on a consistent basis.
- Prepares and assists in preparing membership solicitation letters to prospects, along with other material pertinent to membership building.
- Directs preparation of prospect lists for membership solicitations.
- Directs follow-up or contact of all delinquent members for renewal of membership.
- Focuses on recruitment and retention.
- Member and Public Relations
- Responsible for all communication to the membership and general public.
- Maintains personal contact with members by addressing concerns and providing support to existing members.
- Always conveys the Chamber in a positive way both personally and professionally in light of the public scrutiny of the position. This includes, but is not limited to, media interviews in print, television or radio.
- Always considers the best interests of the Chamber of Commerce in both personal and professional settings.
- Record Keeping
- Oversees the management of proper financial records for members, including proper billing, recording of dues, and classification.
- Directs maintenance of all current membership files and maintenance of master prospect card files.
- Directs preparation and reviews monthly reports concerning membership and finance for officers and directors.
- Handles all correspondence to members regarding membership status or change in status in reference to dues, assignees, due dates, or other membership information.
- Personnel (Staff)
- Has general responsibility for solution of all personnel problems.
- Employs needed personnel.
- Conducts regular staff conferences to help each staff member understand the job assignment and the work of the entire organization.
- Counsels with individual staff members.
- Responsible for a high level of staff morale.
- Provides professional development and growth opportunities for staff members.
- Responsible to report major problems for discussion with the Board of Director’s Executive Committee.
- Supervises or delegates supervision and management of all committees, including scheduling meetings and preparing notices and reports.
- Assists the Board Chair or responsible officer in selecting qualified personnel for committee work.
- Directs processing of appointments to committees.
- Directs or organizes specific motivation of volunteer leadership to follow through.
- In consultation with the Board of directors (and the Executive Committee) plans long-range policies for achievement of important community goals.
- Reviews proposals for policy changes originating in committee or elsewhere.
- Places proposals on agenda for board action (with recommendation).
- Upon approval of proposal, works with staff and/or committees for implementation of policies.
- Management of organization’s finances.
- Directs preparation of the annual budget in conjunction with the Finance Committee and the Executive Committee.
- Develops general plans for meeting the budget.
- Submits budget for approval of the Board of Directors; approves all specific expenditures coming under the budget adopted by the Board.
- Adjusts staff salaries within prescribed brackets; directs office maintenance, including replacement of equipment, and directs purchase of additional equipment.
- Directs preparation of financial statement on monthly or quarterly basis for Board of Directors as prescribed by bylaws.
- Signs or countersigns checks in accordance with bylaws.
- All Other Duties As Assigned
- From time to time, other duties and responsibilities may arise.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Apply via Indeed or submit to:
New Ulm Area Chamber of Commerce
1 N Minnesota St
New Ulm, MN 56073