2013 Parade of Lights
The 25th Annual New Ulm Parade of Lights features over 60 units decked out with Christmas Lights announcing Santa's arrival to town!
25 Reasons to be in New Ulm on Friday, November 29?
25. It’s a great day to pick out your real Christmas tree!
24. Rub Hermann’s Foot! No frostbite here! www.germanshavemorefun.com.
23. Eat a 14-inch Wunderwurst sausage or enjoy a steaming cup of Gluhwein,
a Morgan Creek Vineyards hot spiced red wine.
22. Make your special recipe at Lola’s Hot Chocolate Bar starting at 4pm. $3
21. Go window shopping along Minnesota Street with hot chocolate. (See #22!)
20. Shake hands with a New Ulm Chimney Sweep for good luck!
19. Strangers singing Jingle Schell’s...
18. Prepare for Small Business Saturday on Saturday, November 30!
17. Get your fat quarters of holiday fabric at our three quilt stores!
16. Scope out your location for the Holiday Train coming December 8 at 5:15pm!
15. Work off that pumpkin pie with a nature hike in Flandrau State Park.
14. Get those Black Friday advertised specials without the big city traffic!
13. Take your picture with the Grinch at the New Ulm Public Library, 4pm.
12. German calendars, chocolates and music at Guten Tag Haus and Domeier’s.
11. View the Menzel Holiday Village exhibit at the Brown County Historical Museum.
10. Wait patiently for Santa’s arrival in New Ulm and listen to the Glockenspiel.
9. Purchase Chamber Dollars for gifts! They come in denominations of $5, $10,
$20 and $25!
8. Take in The Hermann Astro band from Milwaukee, at the Grand
Kabaret starting at 7:30pm.
7. Have your picture taken in front of the LIFE - SIZED holiday postcard
at the Chamber.
6. Scope out the route for Saturday’s Jingle Bell Jam Freezin’ for a Reason Fun
5. Experience chestnuts roasting over an open fire at Citizens Bank Customer
4. View The Live Nativity sponsored by St. Paul’s Lutheran Church at
3. Breathe in the smell of fresh garland and trees on Minnesota Street.
2. Snowflake 3D Glasses at the Chamber for only 25 cents (until they are gone!)
And the #1 reason to come to New Ulm on Friday, November 29??
THE 25th ANNUAL PARADE OF LIGHTS! Starts at 6pm!